Digital News Producer
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
The Digital Producer plays a major role in the day-to-day execution of News 12's online, social media and Interactive TV news strategy, working to ensure the content is consistently updated and impactful to our viewers. The role combines acute attention to detail, rapid response, editorial judgment, creativity and consistent day-to-day execution and project-management responsibilities within a 24/7 news gathering operation. The Web Content Producer will write news reports for the web and other digital media platforms and ensure editorial quality and compliance with journalistic standards. Use technology and innovation to deliver content that is thorough, accurate, relevant, and timely. Edit News 12 video content for processing and playback on the Web and On Demand Channel. Collaborate across multiple teams including reporters, producers, photographers, marketers, technologists, etc. Post News 12 content to social media platforms in an engaging manner that promotes participation by our viewers.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Digital Media preferred, Master’s degree is a plus.
• Minimum of 1-year experience as a news Producer or a news Associate Producer preferred.
• Knowledge of local and national current events, newsmakers, and issues as well as proficiency in news production equipment and computers is a must.
• Ability to perform many tasks simultaneously under pressure with exceptional news judgment as well as effective news writing, copy-editing ability for all platforms is required.
• Must have creative ability to identify problems and develop solutions with leadership ability and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be highly organized and possess time management skills.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.