- Full Time
WGAL, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate in Lancaster, PA has an opening for a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. We are seeking a FT Photographer with the ability to capture the essence of what’s happening in the field, and then bring it vividly into the homes of our viewers. This member of our team will spend several hours each day out in the field shooting, editing, and executing live shots for stories. The winning candidate is also tech savvy and up-to-date on the most modern aspects of our medium. You must be able to shoot on Sony XD Cam, GoPro, on laptop computer and iPhone, and edit in Adobe Premiere and utilize the ENG, SNG, and wireless data to feed completed work to the station. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Precis, NBC and CNN platforms are critical. An excellent eye for video and the highest journalistic standards are a must. If you are quick acting, quicker thinking, and technically savvy, we want you working in our newsroom.
- Shoot and edit VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for Broadcast Air and On-line postings
- Work with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories.
- Gathers video and still pictures for digital platforms
- Work with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
- Work with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
- Communicate and coordinate incoming video elements from crews in the field.
- Work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
- Produce and publish content to our online platforms
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Previous newsroom experience preferred.
- Related military experience will be considered.
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Efficient Operation on ENG trucks preferred
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver’s license and a near-perfect driving record
- Ability to operate digital editing tools
- Can organize and prioritize
- Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.