NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions,
and more -
is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
The Direct to Consumer Director, Business Operations will report to the EVP, Change Delivery & Business Operations and will be responsible for delivering the following.
Partner with all of the DTC business units to identify business system needs that cross the enterprise (e.g. Finance, Rights Management, Reporting).Partner with DTC business units and IT to develop a systems roadmap that will meet those needs, and then monitor the delivery.Partner with DTC business units; specifically Data Management, to ensure we’ve identified and are managing delivery based on core KPIs.Directly manage core Business Operations; specifically billing.
Partner with centralized billing solutions center to ensure that our needs are met.Partner with Product Commerce team to identify and prioritize new billing features.Work to continually optimize the billing function.
Anticipate, design, and staff the functions of the Business Operations group as the DTC business launches and grows.
• 10+ years' experience leading complex media, technology or product launches identifying scope, building an effective plan, and executing to completion
• Foundational understanding of application and infrastructure technologies (compute, storage, network, database, web, integration, virtualization, cloud hosting, etc.)
• Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to coordinate and influence team members from multiple internal departments and external vendors
• Proven ability to manage global teams with diverse backgrounds, business objectives, and time zones constraints
• Ability to effectively present ideas and communicate with senior leadership
• Strong character exhibiting company core values: Integrity, Creativity, Teamwork, Pioneering Spirit, and Ownership
• Ability and desire to continually learn about new technologies, project management methodologies, and adapt to ever-changing business and industry needs
• Adaptable performer who can lead effectively under pressure and through significant change
• Ability to synthesize and simplify complex concepts/requirements to the team and stakeholders and tie back to business objectives.
• Culture carrier with strong leadership skills to drive, deliver, develop and inspire
• Results-oriented with initiative to work until job is complete
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.