Real-Time Graphics Programmer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Code and test programming for in-house software programsDebug code for existing programs based on immediate needConduct end-user training upon completion of softwareBalance workday between multiple projects and respond immediately to tech support requests from staffImplement systems in in-house production environmentTroubleshoot system bugs and issues
NBC News is seeking a Real-Time Graphics Programmer to join the Real-Time Graphics team. The RTG Programmer will help develop and maintain the back-end applications that distribute election data in real time to on-air graphics platforms, as well as the control applications that drive the graphics for live events. A successful candidate will have experience in software development, web development, and database management as well as experience using multiple programming languages and web technologies. Experience supporting live TV productions and exposure to Vizrt and Unreal graphics engines is a plus.
This is a staff with end date position, slated to end December 2020.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming or related field
• 3+ years’ software development experience
• HTML, CSS and C# experience required
• Experience working with Transact-SQL, MS SQL Server, NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Redis, etc…)
• Familiarity with Web server technologies like Node.js, J2EE, Apache, Nginx, ISS, etc.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
• Organization and analytical thinking skills with the ability to attend to details
• Ability to focus on multiple projects at once and to troubleshoot problems quickly
• The ability to work within and adhere to established deadlines
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.