The podcast producer will report to the Senior Director, Digital, and help reimagine and relaunch NBC Sports Bay Area’s podcast network, including show content/structure, distribution and promotion. The ideal candidate will have experience working as a producer within a best-in-class podcast network,
and demonstrates an understanding of how to properly scale the product. Responsibilities Develop and implement multi-platform podcast strategy that includes live-streaming, remote shows and video shooting/distributionEstablish the content direction and vision of each podcast, in line with NBC Sports Bay Area KPIsOversee the production of each podcast, including building and executing an organized show rundown, booking guests, and editing and posting content to relevant audio, video and social media platforms.Use analytics to clearly communicate best practices and give timely feedback to podcast hosts and other staffCoordinate with digital leadership and the assignment desk to manage a weekly schedule that covers show recording times, guest call-ins and other relevant informationCoordinate with Sales to ensure sponsors’ needs are being met and to present new opportunitiesWork with Marketing and Communications on a podcast promotion strategy, including booking NBC Sports Bay Area talent on other prominent podcasts and radio programsBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- At least two (2) years producing audio content that’s also distributed on video and social media
- Proven proficiency in audio and video editing tools (Zoom, Sony and Adobe preferred)
- Ability to shoot video using a DSLR camera
- Demonstrated understanding of social media and how it can build podcast engagement
- Experience building show rundowns, and successfully communicating and executing them
- Knowledge of current Bay Area sports and how national sports news affects local teams
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in San Francisco, CA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment, preferably in a fast-paced newsroom and/or production company
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to prioritize and make critical programming decisions under tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with both technical and editorial personnel
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.