The Business Operations & Strategy group is looking for exceptional candidates for the position of Sr. Manager, Ad Experience Strategy & Analytics. You will be joining a blue chip team with significant media experience in addition to varied professional services backgrounds. As the Sr. Manager, Ad Experience Strategy & Analytics, you will play a vital role within the Business Operations & Strategy group. You will influence and drive advertising experience decisions across the NBCUniversal portfolio through internal data and marketplace analysis.
The NBCU Ad Sales Strategy team is responsible for driving long-term growth opportunities for the wider sales organization. The Sr. Manager, Ad Experience Strategy & Analytics will interface with business leaders across multiple functions, both inside and outside Ad Sales. We’re looking for a dynamic person to bring innovative thinking and strong analytical skills to help grow our business.
Strategic analysis will be centered around, but not limited to, NBCUniversal’s Direct-to-Consumer streaming advertising experience. Key responsibilities include:
Manage all analytics and insights for NBCU’s ad experience (e.g. ad time, ad breaks, ads/break, ad frequency)Identify key trends (e.g. user drop off, ad tolerance) to inform a/b testing and opportunities for improvementLiaison with key stakeholders (inventory, planning, research) to drive sales alignment Partner with NBC Digital and DTC Data teams to uncover user-informed insightsIdentify risks and biases of data sets to ensure thoughtful decision making Drive competitive and marketplace insights to inform experience Translate insights into actionable go-to-market sales strategies Maintain a pulse on the industry to identify new, emerging opportunities for NBCU to differentiate themselves Help formulate overall long-term, holistic ad experience vision for the Ad Sales portfolio (inclusive of NBCU’s new OTT streaming service)Evangelize best practices and learnings across NBCU’s portfolio of assets
- Develop business case rationale and drive revenue scenario analysis around new ad experiences and products
- Justify potential strategies via revenue and pricing scenario analysis
- Identify risks and opportunities to potential strategies, and prioritize recommendations with data supported insights
- Build executive presentations to communicate strategy, prioritizations and rationale
• Must possess a passion for media and strong intellectual curiosity
• A minimum of 5 years previous relevant work experience; ideally with experience in research, product strategy, or marketing strategy at a large network/publisher/agency
• Strong financial modeling, statistical analysis, and proven quantitative Excel capabilities
• Strong PowerPoint skills and proven proficiency summarizing information/analyses into coherent and concise slides
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to present results of complex analyses clearly
• Excellent organizational, time and people management skills and the ability to work in groups and independently
• BA/BS required (MBA preferred)
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Previous experience in advertising sales or at a media company a plus
• Ideal candidate is a proactive individual who possesses the ability to take initiative and perform analysis and other tasks with minimal supervision, including the ability to deal with competing priorities effectively, and work efficiently in a high-paced, results-oriented environment
• Passion for diving into complex concepts, defining value propositions and challenging legacy thinking
• Ability to develop strong relationships with across all levels of the organization
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.