Retail Industry Writer
NJ.com is seeking a writer who will help shape our retail coverage in New Jersey.
Retail is a multi-billion dollar industry in New Jersey and a content area our audience craves. They want to know what’s opening and closing, and where new jobs will be created. This position will include creating and aggregating content about new businesses, new chains, new restaurants, and store openings and closings around the state.
The ideal candidate will be motivated to own the retail beat in New Jersey and beyond. In addition to writing articles daily, the candidate will have an opportunity to develop a brand by contributing to newsletters and push alerts, as well as our affiliate revenue and commerce initiatives.
We are looking for someone who is competitive and innovative, with strong writing, communication and social media skills. An understanding of SEO best practices and affiliate revenue strategy is encouraged but not required. You’ll receive in-depth and advanced training in both areas.
This is a contracted position for up to six months, with strong potential to grow into a permanent full-time role if successful. The job will mostly be during business hours and in an office setting.
You should apply if you have:
- A passion for informing readers and growing a brand
- The ability to work independently and prioritize tasks appropriately
- An interest in being involved with commerce and affiliate revenue initiatives
- The skills to create content via social media mining
- A passion for digesting and understanding audience metrics
- A competitive nature and mindset