News Promotions Manager-Creative Services
- Full Time
• Supervises the day to day production of news promotion, supervising a team of producer/editors
• Attends news meetings, meets with producers to determine stories to promote, proofreads scripts and places spots on various platforms
• Plans advertising and promotional campaigns on tv, internet and social and OTT
• Work with Creative Services Director on marketing plans and selection of which media to advertise in, such as radio, television, online, print and billboards
• Coordinates with news and graphics department to present a unified image to viewers
• Develop plan for promotion and assign producer/editors to execute plan
• Conceptualize, coordinate and produce news image campaigns for the TV station
• Work on creative with producers/editors and designers. Must understand the fundamentals of design, from layouts to composition
• Attend research sessions and use learned research in promotional campaigns, and help create marketing strategies from learned research
• Responsible for trafficking promotional logs. Co-manage promotional inventory using WideOrbit
• Plan and execute digital and social media promotional campaigns. Properly place creative on appropriate platform
• Must possess interpersonal skills and have ability to work with internal and external clients
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications:• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university in marketing or journalism preferred
• A minimum of three years of experience in a similar role in a television environment preferred
• Two years’ experience in a management role preferred
• Avid editing experience a plus
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.