Print Media, Program Coordinator
- Full Time
Print Media, Program Coordinator
University of Notre Dame
The University of Notre Dame (https://jobs.nd.edu) is accepting applications for a Print Media, Program Coordinator.
Applications will be accepted until 7/16/2019.
The Print Media Coordinator, as a member of the Student Media team at-large, supports and advises the student staff of the Dome Yearbook, Scholastic Magazine, and The Juggler literary magazine by fostering a professional journalistic environment for production of the print/digital publications and social media. The Print Media Coordinator serves as adviser to these student staffs, promoting students' overall growth and development while imparting industry standards, journalism principles, feedback, critiques, and student development, all within the mission, vision and values of a Catholic university.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Oversee and advise student production of Dome Yearbook, Scholastic Magazine, and The Juggler by creating and supporting a professional framework to assist students with story ideas, ethical guidelines, deadlines, and fundamentals of newsroom management; Assist Director in support of all other functional areas across the Student Media team
2) Work closely with student editors of all Student Media print publications on story ideas, writing fundamentals, layout, photography, print and production schedules, social media, publication, and distribution
3) Facilitate work with print, publication, and distribution vendors; Assist with printing and photography contracts in consultation with Student Media Director
4) Work in concert with Student Media Director to oversee print media budgets, administer Dome scholarship fund for editors, and process student stipends
5) Participate as integral member of a large, multifaceted Student Development team interacting daily with colleagues in the Student Activities Office, Gender Relations Center, Multicultural Student Programs and Services, Office of Student Enrichment, Office of Community Standards, RecSports, University Bands, and Family Resource Center
The Print Media Coordinator is a full-time 12 month position with night and weekend responsibilities year round. Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; preference will be given to candidates with a Master’s degree or commensurate experience in the journalism field. Qualifications include at least 3 years of experience in print or digital journalism; extensive knowledge in journalism ethics and professional standards including accuracy, balance, libel, obscenity, and privacy laws; some experience in copyediting, printing fundamentals, social media platforms, web page design, photography, basic supervision and media design; and a demonstrated commitment to student development. The successful candidate will be highly motivated to work with inexperienced media students as a mentor and adviser, fostering an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork across the Student Media department. Additionally, the successful candidate with be committed to fostering an environment of journalistic professionalism appropriate for a private, Catholic university setting.
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!
This appointment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Applicants will be asked to identify all felony convictions and/or pending felony charges. Felony convictions do not automatically bar an individual from employment. Each case will be examined separately to determine the appropriateness of employment in the particular position. Failure to be forthcoming or dishonesty with respect to felony disclosures can result in the disqualification of a candidate. The full procedure can be viewed at https://facultyhandbook.nd.edu/?id=link-73597.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and those candidates attracted to a university with a Catholic identity. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/1524711. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.