Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
Strategic Partnerships Manager, EU
Nature Research, a division of Springer Nature, is looking to appoint a strong Strategic Partnerships Manager to its well-established commercial Strategic Partnerships team. The Strategic Partnerships team is part of the Magazines and Researcher Services (MRS) unit and works to develop both new and existing solutions to meet the growing needs of research related institutions by drawing on the full range of Nature Research capabilities and solutions.
The Strategic Partnerships team provide publicly funded institutions all over the world with highly effective services designed to further their goals of creating and communicating the highest impact scientific discoveries. The future Strategic Partnership Manager will successfully manage accounts and tailor solutions for public institutional partners (Including but not limited to sales of Custom publishing and content marketing, Nature Masterclasses, Language and Scientific Editing, Sponsored Nature-branded content such as Outlooks, Innovations In, webcasts, Nature Research advertising products).
- Generate revenues from institutional customers in EU;
Build relationships with senior-level officials at academic, governmental and private institutions;
- Deepen understanding of their pain points and needs;
Design and present custom solutions based on available products and capabilities;
- Work with customers and Strategic Partnerships management to create new solutions and products;
- Working with manager, develop strategic territory development plan that maximizes both near-term and long-term revenues;
- Develop effective relationships with key stakeholders in editorial, marketing, production and technology departments to ensure that solutions are executed on time, on budget and to the customer’s full satisfaction;
- Liaise closely with members of other MRS Commercial sales teams to ensure that customer relationships are fully leveraged for all revenue types;
- Attend industry events to build new customer relationships and cultivate existing ones; make on-site visits to prospective and in-person customers;
- Maintain accurate records of customer data, customer interactions and key opportunities.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Significant years of sales experience in the academic, non-profit, government, or private market to senior executives
- Excellent verbal and written communication and relationship building skills, in English and any other EU language
- Experience in selling consultatively and creatively - to carefully analyze customer needs and fashion bespoke offers that meet those needs and create value
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas
- Ability to collaborate within a complex team environment to execute projects
- Willingness to travel within territory
- Deep familiarity with the academic and research marketplace
Science or technical degree
- Strong personal presence; ability to quickly establish rapport and productive relationships with senior-level institutional executives
If you are an internal candidate please inform your line manager of your application.
At Springer Nature we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognise the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.