The Daily Front Row Print & Digital / Social Media Editor
- Full Time
The Daily Front Row is one of the top independent fashion media and events companies in New York City. We have been in business for over 16 years and are looking to grow our editorial team by hiring a new full-time staffer in New York City, who will contribute online and in print.
The Daily posts five days per week on our website and distributes a daily newsletter to our fashion industry-savvy audience. We publish a large-format print magazine during New York Fashion Week that is distributed at all the top shows, summer issues available at hundreds of locations in the Hamptons, and special issues in Los Angeles and Miami around the Fashion Los Angeles Awards and Art Basel, respectively. We also host star-studded events in New York, Los Angeles, and Miami with the likes of Lady Gaga, Gigi Hadid, Kate Hudson, Kendall Jenner, Darren Criss, Jeremy Scott, Sia, Nicki Minaj, and Ashley Graham, just to name a few.
- Making daily contributions to the website in the form of features, Q&As, shopping roundups, fashion/media news, clever op-eds, funny quizzes, etc.
- Creating sponsored content and working closely with our sales and marketing team
- Writing and packaging print stories
- Contributing on social media where and when appropriate (mostly Facebook and Instagram)
- Attending and reporting on industry events in and around New York City
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Digital publishing experience (print experience is good too, but digital experience is most important)
- Excellent time management skills
- Good at working independently and with a team
- Excellent follow-through
- A positive attitude and the ability to find the fun in everything you do
- Love of fashion and the fashion industry
- A great sense of humor and the ability to bring that humor to your writing/interviewing/editing work
- Professional experience with social media a plus
- Knowledge of the Hamptons a plus