Senior Associate, Multimedia
- Full Time
The Pew Charitable Trusts uses data to make a difference. For more than 70 years, we have focused on serving the public, invigorating civic life, conducting nonpartisan research, advancing effective public policies and practices, and achieving tangible results. Through rigorous inquiry and knowledge sharing, we inform and engage public-spirited citizens and organizations, linking diverse interests to pursue common cause. We are a dedicated team of researchers, communicators, advocates, subject matter experts, and professionals working on today's big challenges – and we know we are more effective and creative collectively than we are individually. With Philadelphia as our home town and the majority of our staff located in Washington, DC, our U.S. and international staff find working at Pew personally and professionally rewarding.
Wise stewardship of resources allows Pew employees to pursue work that strategically furthers our philanthropic mission in significant and measurable ways. We collaborate with a diverse range of philanthropic partners, public and private organizations, and concerned citizens who share our interest in fact-based solutions and goal-driven investments to improve society. Pew attracts top talent, people of integrity who are service-oriented and willing to take on challenging assignments. We provide competitive pay and benefits, a healthy work-life balance, and a respectful and inclusive workplace. Pew employees are proud of their colleagues, proud of where they work, and proud of the institution's reputation.
The Communications department supports leaders at all levels of the institution to promote project and campaign efforts, inform key audiences, and protect and advance Pew's reputation. The department provides a comprehensive range of communications services for all programmatic and administrative units and Trusts-operated projects. Our in-house expertise includes: strategy and message development; editorial support; design and creative services; media event planning; digital and video production; and social media. The unit oversees all communications policies, guidelines, and processes in order to ensure production of the highest quality work and effectively steward Pew's resources.
The Senior Associate, Multimedia located in Washington, DC, is a member of the Communications department and reports to the Associate Manager, Multimedia. This individual will be responsible for creating and editing multimedia content for external distribution by collaborating with members of the multimedia team, the broader digital and creative teams as well as appropriate communications managers. He/She works closely with Pew colleagues on all aspects of production as assigned, with a particular focus on video post-production as well as motion graphics development.
- Serves in editor and post-production capacities for video projects, ensuring consistency in style and tone and high technical standards, to further Pew's communications goals. Types of multimedia projects may include explainer videos, animations, socially-optimized video, podcasts and short-form documentaries.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of video post-production and delivery, including editing, color correction, captions and subtitles, and final output of multimedia projects.
- Conceptualizes and produces polished motion graphics to help tell compelling stories while maintaining a cohesive style and consistent branding across all products.
- Serves as back-up audio editor for Pew's podcast.
- Collaborates with colleagues on multimedia content creation through all phases of production, including strategic planning and presenting ideas for compelling content.
- Helps to maintain multimedia assets in media asset management systems.
- Keeps up to date with trends in visual storytelling and works to incorporate them into a range of communications efforts.
- Responsible for other tasks and special projects as assigned by Associate Manager, Multimedia and other department leadership as needed.
- A bachelor's degree in video production, communications, or related field.
- At least four years of hands-on relevant production and post-production experience.
- Proven ability to deliver professional quality video and motion graphics with demonstrated expertise in video post-production. Audio post-production experience a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in producing effective multimedia content across all major channels of digital engagement with an understanding of the different requirements and strategic opportunities each channel offers.
- Experience producing multimedia content to support robust cross-channel advertising campaigns.
- Expert in Adobe Premiere and After Effects. Experience with Audition, rotoscoping, motion tracking, and/or 3D animation is a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong sense of visual storytelling and narrative skills.
- A solid understanding of fundamental design techniques and layout approaches.
- Must be focused on delivering great work, no matter how big or small the project.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, manage deadlines, and follow post-production media management protocol.
- Must be team focused, be receptive to feedback, and work well in an edit suite with digital strategists, animators, producers, designers and other editors.
- A current and comprehensive portfolio will be required.
Occasional travel to attend meetings and conferences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.