Social Media Manager
- Full Time
McDaniel College, recognized nationally among “Colleges that Change Lives” and U.S. News and World Report top-tier liberal arts colleges, is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 60 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 20 highly regarded graduate programs.
McDaniel College invites applications for a Social Media Marketing Manager. Salary for this full-time, 12-month position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. At McDaniel College we value our employees by offering our full-time employees tuition remission, 403B retirement accounts with employer match, paid time off, medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and paid maternity and parental leave. Visit College website for details.
Working as a member of the Office of Communications and Marketing, the Social Media Marketing Manager will create, develop, execute and evaluate McDaniel College’s institutional social media strategy. With responsibility for the college’s institutional media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others), he/she will serve as McDaniel's primary content creator and promoter for social media, working with colleagues from across campus to create content that enhances the profile of the college. The Social Media Marketing Manager will develop and execute a monthly social calendar that ensures content is timely, relevant, and cohesive to larger marketing strategy. He/she will be responsible for developing social media marketing campaigns on various platforms that support the goals of the College and will be responsible for social media policy development. The Social Media Marketing Manager will provide leadership such as mentoring and training to other social media managers across campus and will remain current on industry trends. All of these duties will be geared toward raising awareness of and engagement with the college across all digital platforms and channels.
Reporting to the Director of Public Relations, the Social Media Marketing Manager will:
- Develop a content strategy, creating and coordinating the social content calendar, and writing, editing, and posting content to McDaniel’s multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, others);
- Manage and regularly schedule posts, as well as monitor and analyze social media content with the goal to increase followers and engagement across all platforms;
- Create innovative social media campaigns while building native content (e.g. Instagram stories) using McDaniel’s assets and subjects to leverage the college’s archive;
- Develop and write institutional social media policies, applying social media best practices;
- Liaise with colleagues across campus who manage accounts for portions of the institution and host quarterly campus-wide trainings;
- Review and advise on Parent/Family and current student Facebook groups;
- Work with the Director of Public Relations and Dean of Admissions to promote recruitment and other initiatives (e.g. upcoming events, application deadlines) with the goal of reinforcing the value proposition;
- Plan, design and execute digital ad campaigns that reflect the college’s brand identity and support the college’s goals, including retargeting, promotional ads, display ads and more;
- Initiate Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis reporting on social media performance metrics;
- Administer and scrutinize posts, tracks responses and ensures proper escalation process; manages crisis communications and work through potential challenging online interface, in social media communities with followers and/or contributors;
- Monitor online forums, ensuring social media policies are followed;
- Attend campus events (on evenings and weekends when necessary) to generate social media content;
- Align social media updates with website updates to ensure content is up-to-date and consistent across both types of communication platforms;
- Champion the social media projects and deadlines, ensuring senior leadership is informed on a timely basis on project status
For a complete job description including qualifications and to apply, please visit the college’s employment webpage in the link provided. Completed applications must include a cover letter addressing position qualifications and related experience, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Review of applications begins immediately.
McDaniel College, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. McDaniel College will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or any other legally protected status.