- Full Time
LIVESTRONG.com is the #1 healthy living site, covering fitness, health, food and lifestyle. We inspire and motivate our readers to make life-changing healthy choices by providing credible and shareable content coupled with helpful apps and an online support community.
We are looking for a Digital Designer to help LIVESTRONG.com from our New York office.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Digital Designer grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Design Director
A typical day as a Digital Designer might include:
- Work closely with the Design Director to refine & elevate LS identity & brand systems
- Collaborate & support LS team by creating graphics that will live onsite and on social channels
- Create brand guidelines + empower editorial team on brand vision
- Support LS editorial team via image research
- Manage & prioritize work to ensure that internal deadlines are met
You’ll be successful if you have a strong attention to detail and encompass a creative approach to their design output. Excellent communication skills, knowledge of the design process, and a love of collaborative thinking are essential..
What You Have:
- 4+ years of experience as a graphic designer
- A degree in art, graphics or visual design
- A relevant online portfolio
- A passion for brand identity systems & organization
- Illustration experience
- Expert knowledge of Adobe programs
- Desire to push the LS brand forward
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.