OEM Account Director
- Full Time
The Director, Enterprise Strategic Growth is responsible for growing and maintaining a book of business designed to deliver Cox Automotive dealer solutions (i.e., Websites, Digital Retailing, ICO, Listings, etc.). This client facing role is a key direct and indirect revenue enablement function for the company. You will be responsible for partnering with all team members associated with the account to conduct account planning, identify & manage account lifecycle and set and execute client strategy to drive greater share of wallet while providing a superior client experience.
This position will also collaborate with Sales Leadership and Business Unit Leaders of Cox Automotive to identify, prioritize, develop and sell OEM Programs that deliver dealer solutions to their retailer.
This role will be responsible for interacting with the OEM client to understand and discover the clients’ goals and strategies, pitch/sell applicable Cross-Cox OEM Dealer Programs, and ensure successful delivery of those solutions yielding targeted sales results.
- Manage C-suite and major decision maker relationships within a book of business, advise clients on business and industry trends and help them derive maximum value from their investment in Cox Automotive brands
- Help the C-suite and major decision makers identify and establish a strategic roadmap or blueprint for business success and position Cox Automotive as the partner to help them achieve their vision
- Partner with an OEM Account Management team to drive client satisfaction, execution, and retention focused on the existing relationship
- Responsible for OEM revenue generation, retention, and growth achieving and exceeding budgeted revenue targets
- Utilize LAMP approach to identify opportunities and align the organization around resources and supported needed for execution Identify, input and manage qualified sales opportunities in Salesforce.com.
- Ensure client retention through the contract renewal cycle and, where necessary, support the renewals process to minimize client attrition
- Influence and enlist other internal functional support services (e.g. marketing, operations, pricing, product, etc.) as needed to ensure client success and revenue growth for Cox Automotive
- Closely coordinate with boundary partners (Client Partners, Client Strategy, Value Strategy, Sales Operations, other Sales teams, etc) involvement with account management activities:
- Develop proposal that meets client's needs
- Present proposals to client and obtains final approvals from client and Cox Auto
- Use selling skills to increase market share within assigned accounts
- Collect, organize and report on external data that impacts the client
- Evaluate and report on clients’ strategic business moves, including purchases, sales, and distribution
- Prioritize opportunities for assigned accounts and collaborate with dealer sales teams to plan and execute against these opportunities based on many factors including our operational bandwidth ability to execute and dealer sales capabilities
- Responsibility for achieving OEM Dealer Program budgeted revenue for assigned accounts
- Foster innovation and ongoing dialogue with the OEM client on the value proposition, scoping, pricing and execution of the program
- Utilize LAMP and Challenger Sales methodology to plan and execute against revenue targets
- Be a champion of and embody Cox Automotive’s Core Values
- 5-7 year of Executive Sales with a successful track record of meeting and exceeding target performance.
- Demonstrate a history of Achievement and discipline to manage the sale of intangible software solutions to large corporations
- Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster honest dialogue.
- Expertise and experience managing large, complex accounts at the most senior business levels (C-Suite) and other major dealer group executives.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities.
- Excellent relationship and communication skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster honest dialog.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.