Director of Recruitment
- Full Time
Director of Recruitment
Report for America
Join our growing team as the Director of Recruitment!
Report for Americasends emerging journalists into newsrooms around the country to report on under-covered topics and communities. In an era when local newspapers are laying off reporters at unprecedented rates and even shutting their doors, our program aims to fill the gaps in news coverage by supporting journalists who focus on critical beats like public education, affordable housing, indigenous issues, and more. An initiative of the nonprofit media organization The GroundTruth Project, RFA aims to harness the skill and idealism of the next generation of journalists plus the creative spirit of local news organizations.
We aim to place 1,000 corps members at news organizations within five years. To succeed in this mission, we’ll need a Director of Recruitment who will be responsiblefor recruiting prospective corps members and newsrooms. This individual will also oversee the screening and selection process. The location for this job is negotiable.
- Establishing relationships with a wide variety of professional organizations, universities, newsrooms and other sources to ensure that RFA attracts applicants who are geographically, ethnically and culturally diverse.
- This person will also seek out diverse newsrooms to partner with, including nonprofit and for-profit shops, ethnic media, and TV, radio, print and digital partners. (Travel is required.)
- Conveying the RFA mission to various groups with passion and sincerity.
- Overseeing the selection process. This includes working with the selection manager to fine-tune the application, setting deadlines and creating a smooth workflow process.
- Securing and training judges. We are going to need a hundred or more volunteers for these jobs.
- Working collaboratively and well with other directors and staffers.
- A successful history of work with professional organizations, universities, students and/or newsrooms, and many deep connections.
- Evidence that you’ve successfully overseen and delivered big projects.
- Some experience as a journalist.
Please fill out this form via the link provided,which will allow you to upload your resume. Questions about this position may be directed to email@example.com.