Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Under limited supervision, the Editorial Assistant provides administrative and editorial support to Publishing Editor(s). Specific responsibilities include:
- To assist the editors in the management and development of individual journals and their overall portfolio.
To assist the editors in communication with journal editors, authors and other external partners.
To work with other in-house teams to coordinate editorial, production and promotional activities.
To support the editors with their traveling and meeting schedules, handle phone calls and emails delegated by the editors.
To enter data into various database systems and maintain the journal information.
To prepare journal reports for editor and editorial board meetings; maintain close communication with academic journal editors and board members.
To prepare contracts, arrange payments for authors and editors.
To help editors prepare for conferences and select titles for display.
To assist editors in other groups as workflow levels dictate.
Occasional exhibits attendance and company representation.
To perform related duties as required.
To carry out other job functions as assigned by the supervisor.
Other duties as assigned.
- College background required -- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months office experience, with experience in science publishing or journal publishing preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be well organized and attentive to detail.
- Exposure to MS Office essential; experience with databases desirable.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is
The Law Poster: