Associate Art Director: Soap Opera Digest
- Full Time
Seeking an Associate Art Director with a background in print publishing for a Soap Opera magazine.
The right candidate must be a quick learner who can think on his or her feet and work within the guidelines of a defined template and style while also able to bring their own unique creativity to it.
Both an ability to take direction and to work independently are highly valued in this position. As is someone who is comfortable in a busy workflow.
• Conceptualize cohesive design ideas for layouts throughout the book under the direction of the Art Director and Editorial Director
• Set up layouts in InDesign for all department pages in advance of each issue’s production cycle
• Provide some prepress O.K.’s and photo color-correction instructions on most editorial pages.
• Assist Art Director in designing and special magazines throughout the year.
• When the Art Director is on vacation, be able to step into their role and come up with creative conception and design execution of weekly covers and feature sections.
• Proven experience as a Graphic Designer for print
• Advanced proficiency of the latest versions of professional Adobe CC Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) as well as a working knowledge of InCopy. Knowledge of K4 is a plus.
• Strong organizational skills managing priorities, time and workflow and a quick learner.
• Strong communication skills, an ability to take direction from multiple sources and to work within tight deadlines.
Apply for Associate Art Director: Soap Opera Digest
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly