- Full Time
Come be the difference at WBAL-TV…the first television station purchased by William Randolph Hearst! Located a short distance from the majestic Inner Harbor of Baltimore, WBAL-TV is one of America’s Leading Television Stations. Baltimore is a city rich in history…from the birthplace of the Star Spangled Banner to the home of the Baltimore Orioles and Baltimore Ravens, there is something for everyone in our town. Come join us and be the bigger picture!!
WBAL-TV has an opening for a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. We are seeking a photographer with the ability to capture the essence of what’s happening in the field, and then bring it vividly into the homes of our viewers. We are also seeking an editor who can simultaneously coordinate feeds, edit with both the eye and ear in mind, and coordinate content elements for multiple shows. This member of our team will spend several hours each day editing for newscasts and several hours each day out in the field shooting, editing, and executing live shots for stories. The winning candidate is also tech savvy and up-to-date on the most modern aspects of our medium. You must be able to shoot on Sony XD Cam, GoPro, on laptop computer and iPhone, and edit in Adobe Premiere and utilize the ENG, SNG, and wireless data to feed completed work to the station. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Precis, ABC and CNN platforms are critical. An excellent eye for video and the highest journalistic standards are a must. If you are quick acting, quicker thinking, and technically savvy, we want you working in our newsroom.
- Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for Broadcast Air and On-line postings
- Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories.
- Gathers and edits video and still pictures for digital platforms
- Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
- Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
- Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field.
- Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
- Will produce and publish content to our online platforms
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Previous newsroom editing experience preferred.
- Related military experience will be considered.
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Efficient Operation on ENG trucks
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver’s license and a near-perfect driving record
- Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
- Can organize and prioritize
- Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
- College degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.