Sr. Manager, Measurement Strategy
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Act as key architect for executing analyses to inform key business decisions related to strategic priorities, using syndicated and census-level measurement sources Develop measurement plan for proving out the value of NBCUniversal’s commercial innovation strategies, partnering with the larger Insights & Measurement teams to provide client-level insight and supportLiaise with internal teams to build out A/B testing and optimization solutionsPartner with digital analytics teams to analyze consumer-consumption patterns and identify new ad opportunitiesActively communicate and share learnings with individual teams across Insights & Measurement and Ad Sales Strategy to move the business forwardThink critically, ask questions and challenge convention
The Sr. Manager of Measurement Strategy will be a core member of the division of NBCU’s Ad Sales Insights & Measurement team that is focused on evaluating long-term growth opportunities for the wider sales organization. This role will be hands on with multiple linear, digital and multiplatform datasets, supporting key strategic analyses to inform the evolving priorities of the business.
Superior analytics skills and a collaborative spirit are must-haves for this high visibility, future-focused role. Our Sr. Manager of Measurement Strategy will work across the Ad Sales portfolio, driving key analyses and positioning work tethered to priority business initiatives like NBCUniversal’s OTT service, commercial innovation projects and more. To this end, s/he will actively partner with NBCU’s larger Insights & Measurement organization, Ad Sales Strategy and Ad Operations to bring a cohesive perspective to his/her work.
Responsibilities for the Sr. Manager, Measurement Strategy include, but are not limited to:
• Bachelors’ degree from an accredited and recognized institution of higher learning is required
• 5+ years of experience in analytics in a media company, digital agency, research vendor or financial institution
• 4+ years of experience in working with census-level/1st party data sets from sources like Adobe Analytics/ Omniture
• 3+ years of experience actively using industry research tools including but not limited to Nielsen Media Research, comScore, MRI, Simmons, comScore and others
• Strong understanding and interest in media measurement across linear and digital platforms, with experience in the convergence of the two
• Working knowledge of core offerings and functionality of digital ad servers like Freewheel and Google Ad Manager
• Proven ability to demonstrate technical expertise in media measurement practices
• Curiosity and passion for the evolution of the media space, including existing NBCU brands, competitors, emerging technologies, cultural trends and current challenges
• Ability to provide thoughtful strategic insights to senior leadership at NBCUniversal and translate into successful business strategies
• Proven ability to self-motivate, work independently as well as relentlessly collaborate to motivate and inspire a team
• Excellent writing and verbal presentation skills
• Detail oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced and data-driven environment
• Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines by working efficiently and effectively under changing priorities
• Team player with strong analytical, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency and significant experience with Excel and PowerPoint
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.