As more and more advertisers embrace digital media, the need for media companies to effectively manage their ad inventory grows dramatically. The ability for Account Executives and Sales management to know what is available, and when, is essential to the business process. The NBCUniversal Digital Media Sales Inventory team is dedicated to providing the highest level of “sales intelligence” while maintaining business flow and ensuring the most effective use of our ad inventory.
In this role, the Analyst, Digital Inventory will be responsible for the processing of Inventory-related requests for an expanding portfolio of ad products across NBCUniversal’s digital news properties (CNBC, MSNBC, TODAY & NBC News) & partners such as MVPD’s, Hulu, Youtube, Buzzfeed, and Vox. He/She will determine inventory levels and usage patterns, and coordinate with the Sales Planning team in discussing allocation within a fast paced environment. Core responsibilities include:
Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and profitably allocate advertising inventory for all NBCUniversal’s News digital sites and partners across various platforms, including, but not limited to: Desktop, Handheld, Tablet, OTT, Set Top Box VOD and custom ad products.
- Considerable focus on supporting the planning team by providing on-request inventory availabilities, and analytical support to optimize performance.
- Thoroughly review and approve insertion orders and media plans through order management system & final sign off on sales proposals
- Provide optimization recommendations to the planning team for campaigns pacing at risk of under-delivery
- Responsible for keeping current processes documented and accurate
- Assist Sales Management with reporting needs including proactive inventory reporting, site pacing against forecast, sales management reporting, and any ad hoc campaign reporting requests as needed.
- Collaborate with team on maintaining an Excel-based forecasting tool providing weekly granular and detailed estimates across the digital News properties; Maintain estimates for roadblock products.
- Work with Traffic and Planning to manage revenue at risk; provide input and solutions to address campaigns at risk
- Along with team and Manager of Inventory, analyze and understand inventory levers and patterns to refine Excel-based methodologies for forecasting all types of ad inventory
- QA and maintain inventory systems
*Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
*A minimum of 1 year online media experience is required. Ad Operations / Inventory Management background strongly desired.
*Intermediate with MS Excel, knowledge of creating data tables and basic functions
*Extensive problem solving skills; strong analytical approach and mindset
*Ability to learn quickly and work independently
*Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines
*Detail-oriented and organized
*Self-motivated and resourceful
*Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels in the organization, both written and verbally
*Attraction to continuous change of digital landscape and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a continuously changing environment
*Strong knowledge of the digital media business, especially video advertising
* Fluency in the language of digital media and online measurement: impressions, CTR, CPMs, eCPMs, uniques, pageviews, visits, viewabililty, etc.
*Knowledge of Operative-1 or similar Order Mgmt. System
*Knowledge of Freewheel or Google Ad Manager (DFP),
*Passion for the digital business
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.