Sr Manager Regional Commercial Sales - West Region
- Full Time
Regional Sales Manager, Commercial Account is responsible for leading a team of
Commercial Field Sales Representatives focused on capturing market share,
producing market revenue growth through an end-to-end sales strategy, and
selling all Manheim services.
will support and execute strategy, while providing leadership for a regional
team of Field Sales Representatives – Commercial. The Regional Sales
Manager, Commercial Accounts role reports up to the Senior Director Commercial
Manager is responsible for ensuring that the national & market sales
strategy and sales goals are consistent and being executed upon by their sales
teams. He/she creates and implements strategies for business development,
closely monitors results, and implements partnership programs with operating
location leaders and staff to ensure that customer expectations are met or
- Maintain and drive new revenue growth and Market Share
for all customers within assigned accounts.
- Build and maintain customer relationships and ensure
exceptional customer service
- Evaluate growth opportunities identified by customer
needs and market trends; assess business options to address those needs,
and make recommendations to team leaders.
- Participate in key negotiations with Commercial
accounts within assigned book of business in coordination with others, to
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and
provide feedback to the Commercial sales leadership team.
- Drive commercial field sales team members to work
closely with pricing to ensure Commercial Strategy is aligned and contract
negotiations are reasonable and fair.
- Provide expertise and leadership to commercial field
sales team through coaching, setting clear expectations and navigating
their teams through change.
- Work directly with team members and their respective
customers to determine opportunities and strategies that reflects the best
interest of the company
- Promote the coordination of information sharing between
the Commercial field Sales team and all other internal corporate
departments, including Cox Automotive businesses, as well as our Market VP
and auction sites
- Facilitate change by anticipating, identifying and
planning for issues related to achieving the business objectives
- Management responsibility for commercial field sales
team (hiring/ firing decisions, performance reviews, etc.) as well as
oversight for team structures and accountabilities.
- Responsible for the training and development of the
commercial field sales team
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Participates in key industry events
- Implements usage requirements Sales Account Management
(CRM) tool, specific to the needs of commercial account pursuit and
management that will be leveraged on a daily basis to monitor sales
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Previous experience in a district or territory leadership role with a proven track record of success;
- minimum of 5 years proven outside sales, service, or operations;
- Automotive, auction, wholesale internet sales/service a plus;
- Experience in developing new business from prospects as well as existing customer base preferred.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required;
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment;
- Easily able to grasp in-lane and online products and services and how to leverage in a competitive marketplace;
- Understanding of the retail/wholesale marketplace in an operational context to best position the Manheim Value Proposition;
- Ability to use Internet and MS Office effectively with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment; excellent problem solving and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a matrixed organization.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Travel required: 70%
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.