Sr. Program Manager, Marketing
- Full Time
Our Senior Program Manager will be an outstanding cross-functional leader in our marketing organization and help build our Product Management Office. You are responsible for developing and managing process from inception through execution of cross-functional and multi-channel initiatives for Barnes & Noble. You are a self-starter, an organizer, and an influencer who is able to partner with a variety of levels and roles across the organization to get to the best output for each project you work on. This role is best suited for someone who a) thrives in an environment of complexity, b) enjoys building process and rolling it out, and c) is incredible at connecting strategy to execution.
• Develop process for marketing campaigns from strategy through execution, facilitating reviews, gathering feedback, and aligning resources against revisions as needed.
• Help educate and train out new process, tools and technologies across the organization ahead of major campaigns including fall and holiday.
• Partner with program managers in other parts of the organization to create a single source of truth- aligning tools, technologies, programs and procedures to help find efficiencies in a complex business and organization.
• Align creative reviews across multiple teams, channels and resources to provide prioritization and line of sight for VP of Marketing.
• Develop level of effort sizing for projects, help assign resources, and lead post mortems to help refine and optimize every project we work on.
• Act as single source owner of marketing budget- partnering with individual budget owners to create a roll-up and burn report for VP of marketing.
• Leadership experience in development of process, tool selection and organizational training of said process and tools.
• Experience managing the following channels: TV, social, display, email, print and in-store signage.
• Experience leading programs involving internal creative resources as well as multiple outside agency resources. • Ability to review programs on an on-going basis, analyze, draw conclusions and recommend immediate action
• Creative and organized thinker – passion for customer-centric marketing and strong interest in organization and business outcomes
• Bachelors’ Degree
• Minimum of 5 years in high-functioning, high-quantity retail marketing organization.