Graphic Designer / Editorial Designer
- Full Time
Las Vegas based Greenspun Media Group is seeking a Graphic and Editorial Designer who is responsible for the conceptualization and design of editorial material for GMG publications, Las Vegas Magazine and Vegas2Go, from concept to completion.
- Design and build editorial layouts for magazines and newspapers within publications set style, determined by Art Director
- Revise and/or change editorial layouts based on communications with Art Director and/or Editor
- Design and layout special insert supplements as needed
- Approve color matchprints of editorial layouts and adjust if necessary
- Create art (photo illustrations or hand drawn illustrations) for editorial
- Convert images to web-friendly format and upload to online database for publication website.
- Research, locate and acquire art elements (provided and commissioned)
- Archive editorial materials
- Arrange for delivery of art elements to Production Department
- Assign freelance assignments as approved by Art Director
- Digitally adjust photos and illustrations for use in editorial layouts
- Prepares layout prints for final production and collect for prepress, if necessary.
- Presents samples and layouts to supervisor for selection and approval.
- Maintains image resource files.
- Mac proficient and strong software skills in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Ability to operate a Mac computer and Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to creatively conceptualize & communicate through visual forms
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Ability to work on deadline
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years of magazine design experience, preferably with a weekly consumer magazine
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and Microsoft Office
- Experience with HTML preferred
GMG is a family owned, diversified media company whose titles include the Las Vegas Sun, Las Vegas Magazine, Las Vegas Weekly, Vegas2Go and a family of leading websites. We’re building a media company for the next 50 years, and we take pride in the quality and progressive nature of our work. GMG publications regularly win international and state awards and GMG sites have won EPPY Awards for the past five years straight, including a 2017 EPPY for Best Weekly or Non-Daily Newspaper Website for lasvegasweekly.com. The growth of our unique media mix compels us to seek the very best and brightest talent.
We offer competitive pay plus a comprehensive benefits package, which includes: medical, dental, vision and 401(k).
Interested in applying? If so, please send your resume and salary requirements to: careers@gmgvegas. com with “Graphic/Editorial Designer“ in the subject line.
Greenspun Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.