Marketing and Communications Director
- Full Time
The Council for Professional Recognition promotes improved performance and recognition of professionals in the early childhood education of children, ages birth to 5 years old. The Council works to ensure that all professional early childhood educators and caregivers meet the developmental, emotional, and educational needs of our nation’s youngest children.
We are seeking an innovative and experienced marketing and communications professional to lead the organization in the areas of marketing, branding, communications and public relations. As Marketing and Communications Director, you lead strategy that brings our mission to life. You will lead the marketing of Council products and services, including creating and implementing an annual marketing plan that generates efficiencies and enhance services to professional educators, promotes a continuous learning environment, achieves marketing targets and drives council growth. The Marketing and Communications Director will assume primary responsibility for ensuring the effective and timely delivery of all marketing and branding initiatives and processes. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, outgoing individual with a passion for collaborating with colleagues at all levels in a mission-driven work environment. This individual will bring an entrepreneurial spirit and is committed to innovation, creativity and excellence. The candidate must possess strong executive leadership and project management qualities to lead and inspire the marketing team.
- Lead marketing and communications and strategy for the Council aligned with our mission, vision and strategic plan, including marketing, branding, public relations and advertising.
- Conceptualize and implement marketing strategies that enhance services to professional educators, create rewarding opportunities for stakeholders, promote a continuous learning environment, improve marketing targets and drive council growth.
- Set creative direction and supervise design and production of print, online and video content
- Elevate the Council’s reputation and visibility in local, national and international communities;
- Oversee strategic management of our core communications platforms, including web properties, social, and newsletters
- Supervise the marketing department, including the marketing, public relations and design and editorial functions.
- Identify best practices and improve marketing systems and council policies with an eye toward future member and stakeholder needs.
- Lead the development of multilingual marketing and communications products and promotions, as needed
- Provide mentorship and training to staff at all levels on messaging, product understanding and promotion, public relations initiatives and spokesperson skills.
- Work collaboratively with executive team to provide day-to-day leadership and management that embraces the educational mission and values of the council.
- Secure and managing external experts/consultants as necessary to engage in development, delivery and evaluation of communication and marketing products.
- Establish and manage benchmarks, metrics and timelines necessary to achieve strategic objectives.
- Adheres to Council Policies and Procedures.
- Learn and sustain knowledge of all Council programs and services.
- Provide excellent customer service to all Council stakeholders.< >ork with and across departments to develop and maintain a collaborative team relationship.stablish an annual professional development plan with goals that are monitored on a quarterly basis.Master’s degree in marketing, communication, business administration, public administration or related field required.
- Minimum of eight years of communication and marketing experience, preferably in a product-centered setting, with exceptional knowledge of cutting-edge marketing techniques and platforms.
- Four years of senior management and supervisory experience developing, mentoring, and coaching cross-functioning teams that include marketing, public relations and materials development
- Demonstrated evidence successfully leading and managing broad marketing and communications initiatives and campaigns.
- Knowledge of early childhood education issues, with direct experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of market dynamics, promotion, pricing, statistics, market segmentation, target marketing strategies, tactical execution, brand equity development and planning.
- Strategy-oriented, with a proven ability to think creatively and be flexible within a changing marketplace.
- Exceptional speaking, writing, editing and graphic evaluation skills.
- Experience and technical knowledge of both online and offline media channels
- Tenacious and persuasive, but tactful. Knows how to get things done, overcomes obstacles, but respects other’s point of view and position. Agile, resilient, and strong influencing skills.
- Ability to set and meet strict deadlines and budgets is critical.
- Extremely well organized with a high bias for action.
- Willingness to experiment, deal with uncertainty, determination, strong listener
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Ability to travel as needed
- Portfolio samples required
- Strong open and collaborative work style.
- Demonstrated master experience at the director level.