Part Time Page Designer I
- Full Time
The Atlanta-Journal Constitution is seeking a talented Part-time Page Designer I to design inside templated pages and section fronts for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, focusing heavily on the organization and presentation of information so that it clearly leads readers through the page. Responsibilities include designing inside pages; section-front pages and jumps; booking stories onto inside pages, as needed; and some curation and copy editing. A knowledge of sports is preferred.
*This role will work nights and weekends and can work remotely.
Design pages, using software, that effectively presents editorial content, reflecting the order of importance of the stories.
• Design inside templated pages and section fronts and jumps, integrating multiple elements (display text, stories, images).
• Demonstrate basic news judgment, providing input in news, photos, headlines and overall play.
• Edit both copy and visual elements.
• Maintain design standards
• Publish to ePaper, including ePaper extras.
Assist with page-proofing, copy editing and curation duties, as needed.
• Help identify and select the strongest local content from our digital platforms for use in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s printed newspaper.
• Rank content for print based on its importance, following the reader research, and book section fronts and suggest packaging.
• Identify ASFs, breakout boxes and process storytelling opportunities.
• Read page proofs and graphics, edit stories and make appropriate corrections.
• Prioritize tasks and spend appropriate time on tasks with minimal supervision.
Qualifications:Education: Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent experience.
Years & Type of Experience: At least 5 years’ experience as a newspaper designer
Additional Requirements: A familiarity with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, its sections and the priorities outlined in the print action plan are also required. A knowledge or background in sports is preferred.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.