Audience Development Intern
AFAR Media, the fastest-growing experiential travel media company, is looking for a Fall 2019 Audience Development Intern to support our efforts to increase our audience size, improve user engagement, and improve our newsletters and social presence.
The ideal candidate possesses a strong attention to detail, an interest in correlating data to recommendations, is eager to learn the business of growing a digital audience and can also readily assist with day-to-day operations. The internship is based in our New York City office with AFAR’s Audience Development team and is unpaid; the intern will receive academic credit.
- Pull insights on our audience demographics and which content resonate best with our audience from a variety of channels – email, search, newsletter, and news apps.
- Help to manage email promotion schedule.
- Help manage our presence on LinkedIn, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Learn the basics of search engine optimization by supporting our editorial team with keywords and recommendations.
- Conduct competitive analyses on everything from traffic stats to email best practices.
- Support our affiliate marketing program by pulling trends from our traffic and conversion data.
- Help identify our top-performing content.
- Research growth tactics used by other digital brands in the travel space and beyond.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with digital platforms, especially mobile preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a small team.
- An attention to detail and a concern for accuracy.
- HTML and Web Analytics experience a plus, but not required.
- A love of travel and curiosity about the world.