Morning News Anchor
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 Long Island is looking for a dynamic News Anchor to be the primary presenter of news and other content across all platforms in a way that connects with viewers, demonstrating credibility, authority and broadly based knowledge of news. The News Anchor will assist in the writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating of news programming and other content presentation. Develop sources, maintain contacts and pursue leads that result in original stories. Provide leadership that encourages excellence and assist in the smooth operation of the organization. Maintain a deep level of familiarity with issues, newsmakers, and current events. Will act as field reporter as assigned as well as respond to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required. Position is responsible for participating in promotional activities including public appearances, will also participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of eight years full-time professional news experience including five years anchoring experience preferred.
- Highly effective on-air performance, excellent news judgment, and extensive knowledge of local and national current events and history, newsmakers, and issues are required.
- Should have excellent news writing and copy editing ability for all platforms including social media.
- Knowledge of news gathering equipment and news production techniques.
- Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism.
- Ability to conduct probing, in-depth and engaging interviews and enhances stories by providing insight and perspective.
- Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.