- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 Long Island is looking for the right individual to be a primary presenter of weather information and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers. A passion for communicating weather information through graphics, verbally, and in writing is desired. Proficiency in weather analysis and forecasting is expected. Ensure all content meet News 12 Network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality. Assist in coordinating weather programming on multiple platforms. Maintain deep level of familiarity with the state and region. Respond to breaking weather news as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science preferred, Master’s degree is a plus
- Minimum of five years of operational forecasting experience
- Experience with TV weather graphics/animations and weather graphics systems
- Exceptional weather judgment
- Excellent news writing ability for all platforms, as well as proficiency in newsgathering equipment
- Developed anchoring or other specialized skills to enhance newsroom operation
- Flexibility to work any assigned shift
- Online demos required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.