Social Media Coordinator
- Full Time
ASME (The American Society of Mechanical Engineers) is a world-renowned, member-based professional organization focused on serving the technical, educational and other programmatic needs of the engineering and technology communities on a worldwide basis. ASME generates approximately $115 million annually from the sale of products and services and provides a wide range of mission focused programs and activities. We currently have an outstanding opportunity for a Social Media Coordinator in our New York office.
The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating implementing and tracking innovative global social media campaigns for ASME’s brands and driving best-in-class customer experience and engagement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and curate content for ASME’s social media platforms
- Write and schedule posts on a daily basis
- Work cross functionally with other teams at ASME to identify opportunities for new content and align campaigns with other business goals
- Respond to incoming customer service requests via social media
- Assist in creating strategies to reach ASME’s worldwide audience
- Contribute the analysis of social content performance on a weekly basis and use this to continually evolve the calendar
- Participate in live coverage of ASME events
- Provide training and evangelize best practices to ensure all individuals at ASME engaged in social media are following industry-wide best practices
The ideal candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism or a relevant field with a minimum of 1-3 years of experience managing social media channels of a brand. Experience with social media management and optimization platforms is required. Excellent project management, organization, communication and writing skills are also required along with the ability to present analysis and results to relevant stakeholders. The candidate must possess a working knowledge of SEO/SEM and Google Analytics. An understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and video editing are a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. ASME takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.