- Full Time
Northstar Travel Group is seeking a Copy Editor for our Meetings Group, which produces industry-leading print and digital products and events for meeting professionals. This influential audience includes meeting and event planners, hotel executives, destination marketers and others who depend on Northstar’s content to choose locations and venues, stay apprised of industry news, hone their professional skills and network with partners and peers.
The Copy Editor will edit print and digital content for Meetings & Conventions, Successful Meetings and Incentive across multiple platforms. The ideal candidate has at least five years of experience as a skilled wordsmith for a magazine, newspaper or website.
This is a full-time position based in Northstar’s headquarters in Secaucus, N.J.
- Edits all print and digital content for Northstar Meetings Group, Meetings & Conventions, Successful Meetings and Incentive, ensuring that it is well researched, engaging, informative and accurate
- Works closely with writers in reworking or improving upon content
- Assist managing editor in print production process for all brands
- Writes pithy display copy and table of contents
- Writes, edits designated magazine sections and news articles as needed
- Represents NMG brands at industry events
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated skill in writing compelling display copy
- Skilled in writing/editing SEO-optimized content
- Versed in using content management systems and posting content online
Education: College degree or equivalent required; BA in English or Journalism preferred
To apply, please submit a clever cover letter (required!), resume and writing/editing samples.
We offer a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and a dynamic and exciting culture. Check out what our employees have to say: http://www.northstartravelgroup.com/about-us/join-the-team.
Northstar Travel Group is an equal opportunity employer.