About Your Role
For 20 years, Investopedia has educated and empowered millions of readers by helping them understand complex financial concepts, improve their investing skills and learn how to manage their money.
Investopedia is hiring an Editor, Strategic Content to develop, assign and manage custom editorial campaigns for the website’s sponsored content projects. This exciting role will join a team known for pioneering new editorial and sponsored programs on Investopedia. You must have a working knowledge of personal finance, investing, and retirement products, as well as a solid editorial background in these areas.
The role will interface between the editorial and sales teams to coordinate, produce and manage on-site campaigns, native advertising, custom content creation and other sponsored content partnerships. In addition, you will also work on additional assignments and projects central to Investopedia’s editorial efforts in partnership with Investopedia’s Editor-in-Chief, as needed. The Editor will report to the Director, Sales Marketing.
About Your Contributions
- Serve as the creative visionary and key stakeholder in ideating with the Sales and Editorial teams to develop content programs for Investopedia’s clients
- Work with editorial team to amplify content programs for sponsors, including writing and editing pieces for strategic initiatives
- Manage internal pipeline of requests from clients and ideas pitched
- Develop and manage master editorial calendar
- Conceive, assign & execute campaigns using Investopedia’s existing content, new content from our editorial contributors and content from our advertising partners
- Analyze content performance and provide actionable reporting and optimization recommendations
- A minimum of 5-7 years of editorial experience
- Must be comfortable working in a CMS and able to work quickly, independently, and accurately
- Knowledge of personal finance, investing and retirement products
- Acute attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience managing projects from conception to completion
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative in working with internal stakeholders including Sales, Editorial, SEO, Product, Digital Production
- College degree required
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.