About Your Role
As a Commerce Editor, you will work to support the commerce team by editing new content and updating existing commerce content for our lifestyle vertical, The Spruce. You will bring our readers the high-quality product and service recommendations they’re searching for—connecting readers to top affiliate partners like Amazon, Walmart, Wayfair & more.
The Spruce is the 8th largest website in lifestyle space with 28 million monthly unique U.S. visitors. The commerce team at The Spruce is a multi-million dollar business which continues to grow.
Day-to-day, you will be responsible for commerce content strategy and execution, including assigning and editing new Commerce content to our network of top product reviewers, producing and publishing new content in our CMS, updating existing Commerce content with new product releases, and tracking and analyzing the success of all editorial efforts.
About Your Contributions
- Assign, edit and publish new Commerce content across The Spruce, using competitor analysis, marketplace knowledge and internal data to back your editorial approach.
- Manage monthly editorial updating process of top 200 Commerce articles.
- Manage Commerce product reviewer contributor model, sourcing and onboarding high-quality new writers as needed.
- Track and use performance data to adjust editorial strategy and programming efforts.
- Work across the commerce team to help support the product testing team as well as be a liaison to the editorial Spruce team.
- You are a commerce generalist writer, editor, or producer, with 2-3 years experience in the commerce space working on commerce content.
- You have good writing/editing ability and an instinctive feel for an authentic voice and how to make a reader take action.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Good understanding of digital media traffic and conversion funnels.
- Organized, efficient, and a self-starter.
- Bachelor's degree required.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.