Junior Copywriter, Comedy Central Digital
Comedy Central’s Series Strategy Editorial team is seeking a Junior Copywriter to work within its Digital group. This freelance position reports directly to the Senior Writer and helps provide copy and creative support for Comedy Central’s show-based social channels. They will work closely with many groups to ensure that each Comedy Central show account projects a strong, unique and consistent voice. They will also be expected to develop collaborative relationships with other Comedy Central teams, including but not limited to Digital Series Producers, Programming, Design and Video.
- Write copy associated with assigned Comedy Central shows (both currently on-air and archived), including YouTube copy and copy for the shows’ social channels
- Partner with Series Producers to create original content for show accounts
- Source material from Comedy Central shows to be used in video compilations and mashups
- Adhere to Comedy Central’s in-house style guide
- Write for various other platforms and projects as needed (e.g., show taglines, live events)
- Coordinate with Comedy Central brand accounts on cross-promotional materials
- 1-2 years of copywriting or editing experience, with a focus in the digital space
- Previous writing experience in the social comedy space
- Familiarity with Comedy Central shows
Send a resume, brief cover letter and 1-2 links to your copywriting work.
Apply for Junior Copywriter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly