Full Stack Developer
- Full Time
Full Stack Developer
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus, which is home to 11 separate resident organizations. LCPA presents over 350 performances annually throughout our different performance series including American Songbook, Great Performers, Live from Lincoln Center, Mostly Mozart Festival, Midsummer Night Swing, Lincoln Center Out of Doors and White Light Festival.
In addition, LCPA supports an array of programs for Lincoln Center Education including its community and family programming. Further, LCPA supports initiatives related to events at the David Rubenstein Atrium, LC Kids, as well as numerous key institutional initiatives and projects.
Reporting to the Digital Project Manager, the Full-Stack Developer will focus on improving the efficiency and operation of the lincolncenter.org website and our custom content management system. In this versatile role, the Full-Stack Developer will also support front-end website development efforts as we continually strive to improve the user experience for all Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) digital properties.
- Work to architect and create various technical solutions for digital projects and respond to ad-hoc requests, supporting a variety of digital properties with a focus on the lincolncenter.org website
- Problem-solve and brainstorm around new ways to approach challenges and build solutions for the near and long-term
- Work with the Full-Stack Developer to improve the overall digital infrastructure
- Collaborate with the Digital Design Director and the Front-End Developer to implement design and functionality
- Collaborate with the Digital team to meet project goals in each two-week work sprint
- Partner with internal stakeholders and external vendors to achieve goals
- Maintain and update existing code repositories
- Execute thorough testing processes and provide robust documentation of work
- Strong problem-solving abilities with a proven record of developing creative solutions to achieve project goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and estimation skills
- Strong self-management skills
- Highly motivated to share knowledge and collaborate
- Interest in the arts or mission oriented work a plus
The ideal candidate will have comfort and proficiency with the majority of the following:
- MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS, and Node.js)
- API Creation and REST/SOAP services and environments
- Translation of designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and system design
- Database administration and management of a hosting environment
- Version control with GitHub
Front-End Development skills including
- Responsive development and web accessibility
- CSS preprocessors (like Sass or LESS), CSS animations, and front-end CSS frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap
- Libraries like jQuery or Backbone.js
- Photoshop and Sketch
Back-End Development skills including
- API design and development as well as server-side languages
- CRUD and RESTful Services
- Database technologies including MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB
- Web server technologies like Node.js, J2EE, Apache, Nginx, Linux, PHP etc.
Applicants should submit to the provide link. Cover letters, outlining your interest in Lincoln Center and your salary expectations, are required for applications to be considered complete. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Internal candidates should submit an application via the employee portal.
It is the policy of Lincoln Center to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, marital or civil partnership/union status, familial or caregiver status, alienage or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, military or veteran status, genetic information, predisposition, or carrier status, unemployment status, domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking victim status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.