Public Relations Coordinator
- Full Time
Please submit cover letter and PDF resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are karaoke-singing, pickle-loving, Udon-noodling, event-crushing, pizza-stuffing, wine-drinking, beer-pinting, fun-running, food-punning, salad-balancing, acai-bowling, Oregon-exploring, veggie-loving, fried chicken-fangirling, classic-cocktailing Pacific Northwest fans who are a hardworking, playful, intentional, nimble, dynamic and curious team that just loves what we do, and comes to work knowing that every single day.
You understand the food and drink industry. You’ve worked in the industry in some way and found the same love for it that we did. You want to help it grow. You don’t want to waste their time. You want to do work we’re all proud of. You want their commitments to be recognized – when they do well, we do well.
You like pickles. You like people. You plan all of your vacations around what you’ll eat and drink. You follow the new restaurants, food carts, breweries, wineries, coffee, zero proof drinks and cocktail bars. You read all of the food magazines, follow other food and drink people on social, and maybe have a flash in your pocket for those Instagram photos at restaurants (but you’re cool about it). You’re quick, you think on your feet and your inbox is always up-to-date. And, you want to work with one of the most community-driven, for-the-love-of-Portland-and-Oregon, food and drink festivals ever.
What you need to work here:
- Pitch clients strategically to the media that makes the most sense for them and their work – includes press list creation, relationships and contacts, brand positioning and key messages.
- Ensure client happiness with everything we’re doing.
- Plan events inside and out of client properties.
- Place our clients on TV, in print, online, on podcasts and other priority media.
- Actively pursue local, regional and national coverage.
- Write About paragraphs and bios for our clients.
- Connect all of our PR work with metrics that make sense.
- Engage social media influencers to amplify our messages.
- Create amazing content with and for our clients.
- Create amazing social media content on behalf of LGP.
- Stay current with everything new in the PR, social and digital realms.
- Decide to do great work every day.
Be an expert in and active on:
- All social media platforms and related tools
- Google Alerts and press tracking
- Asana or similar project management system
- Current PR best practices
- Bonus: Adobe Creative Suite
- 2-3 years experience in public relations work.
- The ability to lift 50 lbs.
- A college degree is helpful but not required.