Mgr Data Science
- Full Time
Manager of Decision Sciences is responsible for leading a team of Decision Sciences professionals in the development of statistically based models and the ongoing maintenance of existing statistical models. The role will work closely with business stakeholders as the subject matter expert to assist them with advanced analytics strategy and developing relevant, accurate and robust insights. Conducts presentations and makes recommendations to senior management.
- Decision Sciences project leader. Responsible for all facets of predictive analytics project management: from requirements gathering, development of advanced statistical models utilizing typical and atypical methodologies, delivery of findings, and managing production and refinement of results.
- Supervise the development and enhancement of data models for statistical modeling purposes, tracking results against actuals, and re-specify when required.
- Supervise project team or direct reports in delivering high quality, accurate, and methodologically consistent advanced analytics results.
- Consult across Cox Automotive functional teams on how advanced analytic methodologies can be leveraged to address their business needs.
- Tracks, analyzes and interprets trends in data in order to provide relevant conclusions and recommendations to management.
- Work closely with the Valuation Product Group as a key subject matter expert to assist them with valuation strategy and ensuring our values continue to be the most relent and accurate in the industry.
- Utilize complex computer operations (intermediate programming in 3rd and 4th generation languages, relational databases, and operating systems) and advanced features of software packages (work-processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to apply principals of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formula, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases, ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Qualifications: What We Look For:
- Post Doctorate degree (PhD) or Master's degree (MA) and 5+ years related experience and/or training; College degree must be in quantitative discipline (e.g. Math, Statistics, Economics, Biostatistics, Operations Research, Physics, or other quantitative discipline).
- Must have at least 5 years hands-on experience performing advanced quantitative analyses. 1+ years in automotive industry experience preferred.
- 5 years of hands-on coding experience building statistical models in SAS (R, Python, SPSS etc.)
- Strong background building and leading advanced analytic teams.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to organize findings and translate into actionable insights using original or innovative techniques or style. Conducts presentations and makes recommendations to senior management.
- Ability to conduct descriptive and predictive analytics, statistical inference, experimental design, forecasting, unsupervised and supervised machine learning, and have experience working with relational database.
- Ability to communicate the “vision” of an analytics based business solution to managers/analysts who are responsible for bringing this vision to life.
- SAS, R, Python or other open source statistical programing language experience is mandatory
Preferred (If you have these, we're thrilled):
- HDFS (Pig, Hive, Spark), PMML, and Java experience desired
- Preferred to have experience in building multiple regression model, mixed model, time series model, neural network, cluster analysis, text mining, and have prior experience modeling automotive data.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.