Part-Time Production Assistant
- Full Time
• Operates the studio cameras during live news broadcasts.
• Controls teleprompter.
• Prepares studio for live and recorded news segments.
• Maintains studio lighting.
• Reports malfunctioning studio equipment to engineering.
• Operates teleprompter and audio captioning.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Assist with other control room and on location duties as assigned.
Qualifications:• Degree or working toward a degree in broadcast communications or related field
• Must be physically able to reach and manipulate all operating controls on the technical equipment.
• Ability to make decisions and react quickly in order to respond to last minute program changes and equipment malfunctions.
• Experience in operating editing equipment and audio during newscasts.
• Good manual dexterity in order to operate the numerous small push-buttons and rotary switches on the equipment.
• Ability to maneuver cameras and manipulate camera and lens controls.
• Ability to climb ladders for set repair and lamp replacement.
• Ability to lift and move lamp fixtures, sets, props.
• Good eyesight and hearing for the monitoring & reporting of commercial & program quality.
• Good hearing to receive director commands.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.