Creative Resource Coordinator - Scheduler
- Full Time
Creative Resource Coordinator (Scheduler):
Have you always been drawn to the creative side of things? Are you a self starter that wants to dive into a hub of storytellers and be that helping hand? Come join our team of directors, producers, artists and managers. Hornet is a director based mixed media production company based in the heart of Soho, NYC. Known for its story driven and well crafted films, Hornet is seeking a motivated Creative Resource Coordinator in its New York studio to work closely with the Producers to find the most appropriate creative resources from pitch to production.
A successful candidate will be a pro-active, effective communicator, highly self-motivated with a curatorial eye and eager to find the best artists and crew for projects that will support, execute, and elevate the Directors’ vision. Only candidates with a solid foundation and understanding of production within the commercial, film, animation, vfx, print and digital industries will be considered.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with Directors, Producers, and Leads scheduling creative resource needs for their projects in a fast paced commercial environment
- Develop and maintain creative resource relationships including managing crew holds, challenges, and bookings
- Work with Producers, Leads, and Manager of Operations to ensure resources are allocated appropriately based on schedule and priorities of each project, working to solve any resource scheduling conflicts that may arise
- Ensure creative resource databases are accurately up to date
- Coordinate the Hornet Internship Program under the supervision of the Development Producer, including working with the Manager of Operations to process international artist visa requirements
- Outreach, recruitment & retention through school visits, membership to professional organizations, attendance at industry events
Software / Hardware:
- Proficient computer experience with Microsoft Office, Google for Business Apps, FileMakerPro, Slack, and ability to quickly learn new software
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in film, animation, design, photography, marketing, human resources
- 1+ years of experience in animation, tv, film production, photography, or marketing in related field
- Must be organized
- A team player
- Self motivated / calm problem solver
- Strong communication skills
- Willing to learn
Hornet works with emerging artists on a daily basis on a wide range of projects, we are particularly interested in a motivated candidates who enjoys problem solving and troubleshooting amongst driven creative types – with the ability to clearly communicate, organize and foster a team environment.