Temporary PR Coordinator
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
We’re looking for a Temporary PR Coordinator to help support media relations efforts for a dynamic company from our Santa Monica office. This is a PR opportunity where you can do it all – help plot the course AND roll up your sleeves and work in a profitable company that is growing rapidly and redefining the media business. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day communications efforts primarily for our Media brands from our Santa Monica office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Temporary PR Coordinator grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Director of PR
A typical day as a PR Coordinator might include:
- Working with the VP of Communications and the Director of PR to implement an innovative strategy for digital media brands
- Managing relationships with a variety of media including design, home décor, fitness/wellness, tech, entertainment, etc., across all media types including blogs, online, print and broadcast
- Drafting pitches, press releases, and by-line articles to high standard consistent with company messaging and editorial guidelines
- Handling editorial requests for press coverage opportunities
- Monitoring press coverage for Leaf Group brands
- Organizing and preparing press materials, press clippings, media lists and lookbooks
- Acting as press liaison at company events
- Assisting with the company’s social media channels
You’ll be successful if you are an ambitious, driven, detail-oriented, self-starter who wants to work in a fast-paced, highly-flexible environment where your decisions can have a positive effect on the company’s bottom line.
What You Have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other managers
- Self-starter – ability to work independently to accomplish tasks in a creative, decisive, and responsive manner; take responsibility of projects and outcomes
- Demonstrated competence in managing multiple priorities and projects on tight deadlines while maintaining top quality deliverables
- Demonstrated success in securing media coverage in a variety of outlet types
- Existing relationships with lifestyle press both local and national
- Experience managing social media accounts is highly preferred
- Critical thinking and attention to detail
- 1-3 years of experience in public relations and marketing communications, preferably with experience pitching home and lifestyle brands
- PR agency experience preferred
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Cool office environment and culture, including Friday lunches
- Discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Free Parking
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.