The Technical Project Manager (TPM) is responsible for the planning, development, and on-going operations of industry leading, live video, mobile streaming applications. The TPM guides the end to end Agile software development process including requirements development, development, testing and deployment, delivering cross-platform mobile video streaming products, with the overarching goal of shipping best in class video experiences within scope, budget and timelines. Responsibilities
- Collaborate with product, technical, and operational teams to determine business and technical requirements for new product delivery
- Create detailed project schedules/plans, test plans, risk plans, budgets, communication plans, scope statements, etc. using generally accepted project management processes and tools
- Develop resource plans by working with team leaders to ensure appropriate resources are in place throughout each project
- Provide guidance to internal and vendor teams on project requirements and integrations
- Coordinate project deliverables to ensure team is on track and communicate progress to all stakeholders in an organized and formal manner
- Incorporate quality control processes into each project and lead QA, load testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Manage medium-sized portfolio of projects strategically, identifying synergies amongst a series of inter-related projects to help define an optimal project roadmap
- Proactively identify opportunities to adjust processes for efficiencies. Help develop strategies and procedures for continual improvement for project delivery.
- Clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts for a variety of audiences.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in a Project Management role managing software development of mobile, web, or connected device applications
- BS/BA degree in a relevant field
- Proven experience to carry out project management concepts, preferably PMI‘s PMBOK, Waterfall and/or Agile SDLC methodologies
- Ability and desire to continually learn about new technologies, project management methodologies and adapt to ever-changing business and industry needs
- Ability to understand and absorb technical requirements and translate into actionable deliverables, evaluate new ideas, manage tradeoffs, or identify risks
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail. Ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment and to multitask.
- Ability to effectively organize meetings including; creating agendas, facilitating discussions, and summarizing the results, and assigning next steps
- Experience coordinating with multiple internal departments (i.e. Business Development, Sales, Network Operations, WebOps, Analytics, Ad Sales Operations, etc.) to complete projects on time
- Experience working with external resources, including vendors and freelancers
- Ability to manage change in a controlled manner, identify and understand regular requests for change and quickly determine project impact on budget, schedule, scope and risk.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience delivering projects of technical complexity. Knowledge of mobile application development or video streaming technology
- Knowledge of web, online video and mobile standards, best practices, design and usability principles, and constraints
- Ability to self-start, self-manage, meet deadlines and learn from mistakes
- Thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Possess a passion for digital media and the sports business
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.