- Full Time
Reporting to the Senior Content Manager, the Associate Editor (Print & Digital) will play a key role in shaping Best Lawyers’ editorial initiatives and audience development. In this role, you will be responsible for assigning, trafficking, editing, and organizing editorial content for both print and digital publications. You will at times be overseeing a team of in-house and freelance writers and editors and will have creative freedom when pitching content concepts for custom publications, both regional and national. An ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, flexible, friendly, and eager to offer ideas, take on new tasks, and grow with the organization
- Manage editorial calendars for digital and print.
- Oversee freelance contributors, field pitches and submissions, track deadlines
- Assign, edit, and write digital, print, and promotional content
- Participate in pitching and conceptualizing editorial for print and digital properties
- Manage a high volume of email and communication with clients, firms, attorneys, and marketing directors to solicit, follow up on, organize, and edit contributed content for the website and custom publications.
- Curate and produce email newsletter
- Publish all online content; optimize for search, identify trending topics, and update high-performing articles
- Coordinate with social media team to promote online content
The ideal candidate should have:
- 2-3 years' experience in print or digital media
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field
- Proven track record in SEO and audience growth
- Sound editorial judgment with strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and an eagle-eye for detail
- Familiarity with the Associated Press Stylebook
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and experience working in a CMS.
- Experience in the legal sector is appreciated, but not necessary for this position.
To apply, please provide a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 writing samples.