Graphic Designer / Digital Media Designer
- Full Time
Graphic Designer — Print & Web Design
Mid-Atlantic Media, an expanding media company, has opportunities for a creative designer to work with award-winning publications, weekly newspapers, news-magazines and lifestyle publications, which includes Baltimore’s Child, Baltimore Jewish Times, Baltimore Style magazine, Consumer’s Eye magazine, Home Services, Washington Family and Washington Jewish Week and a host of custom media products, we strive for excellence with every issue of every publication.
We are seeking a talented designer for a fast-paced media-publishing company. This full-time position is a great opportunity for the candidate that can maintain work flow organization, display outstanding design skills, effectively communicate with sales staff and clients, and perform pre-press work. This position includes but is not limited to advertising design, web-based production and layout design. The qualified candidate must be comfortable working under tight deadlines and show the ability to work independently as well as with a team.
• Work directly with the editorial staff to design editorial pages in Indesign
• Design print advertisements, track ad status
• Work directly with sales reps to design spec ads, sales sheets and promotional material
• Communicate directly with printer: generating print order, calculating ad percentage, resolving issues, communicating changes to production schedule, addressing printing concerns or errors
• Generate and maintain production schedules
• Design web advertisements, eblasts, web pages
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors Degree and 3 years minimum equivalent experience in newspaper or magazine production management
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe: Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word Press, FTP software
• Pre-press experience and experience working with commercial printers
• Efficient, detail-oriented and highly organized
• Customer service experience
• Strong problem solving skills
• Goal oriented
Please submit your resume and portfolio examples for review. PDF files preferred.