Robb Report: Branded Content Director
- Full Time
Robb Report: Branded Content Director
Robb Report’s in-house custom-content agency creates compelling and disruptive native and branded content covering every luxury category. Robb Report is widely regarded as the single most influential journal of living life to the fullest, with 18 international editions across the globe. The luxury media brand is part of the Penske Media Corporation (PMC) portfolio, a leading digital media and information services company. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Robb Report seeks a proactive business-minded storyteller to lead the strategic development and creative execution of all branded content programs. Reporting to the VP of Brand and in close connection with Robb Report’s Editorial Team – led by the Editor in Chief and Digital Director – the Branded Content Director will further develop and position Robb Report and its native advertising product.
This is a key role within both Robb Report’s ad sales and editorial framework, with responsibility over the establishment and adherence to best practices and procedures for branded content creation, leading the ideation and execution of campaigns and content to entice advertisers and engage Robb Report’s affluent audience, and generate new business.
Candidates should have significant experience creating compelling editorial or advertorial content for digital media publishers, with excellent storytelling, communication, and organizational skills. Candidates should further demonstrate a keen understanding of today’s digital media landscape, especially branded/native content and video, as well as the proven ability to come up with creative and disruptive content programs that drive revenue. This position is based in NYC.
- Lead the creation, planning, and execution of custom-content programs for advertisers
- In partnership with in-house sellers, meet with clients to understand their business goals, marketing objectives and competitive constraints, and ideate custom strategies to address these areas
- Provide compelling ideas for branded content executions on the Robb Report platform as part of the pre-sales process
- Participate in client sales calls and in-person meets to communicate best practices for sponsored content, assess program objectives, ensure execution aligns with client objectives, and provide insights and recommendations
- Create custom branded-content executions that align with brand objectives and fit with the Robb Report editorial voice
- Pitch ideas and generate leads
- Liaise between departments: ad operations, editorial and product development
- Manage multiple productions and ensure delivery on time and in budget
- Ensure all sponsored content represents the highest creative and editorial standards
- Distribute and amplify the created content via social media, publisher partners, and additional methods to assure we generate maximum reach
- Track success of sponsored-content programs, compile results and provide recommendations for future programs, with ultimate goal of program renewal and incremental revenue
- Stay abreast of trends in content marketing and native advertising in order to best service existing accounts and develop new relationships
- Manage freelance crews and production vendors (when necessary): provide guidance, instruction and technical support
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5-7 years creating digital content in an editorial or content-agency environment; 2-3 year experience of doing this in a management level role
- Strong background in content creation with the ability to communicate clearly
- Strong conceptual thinker who is prolific with ideas
- Insatiable appetite for content, advertising, and internet culture
- A demonstrated excitement about Robb Report’s editorial mission
- Strong agency and client contact lists expected
- Client-focused, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- High energy, self-motivated individual – energetic, proactive and positive
- Big-picture thinker and solutions-oriented.
- Microsoft OS (Word expert, Excel proficiency); Adobe CS (Photoshop and Premiere a plus)
- Web and multimedia skills a plus – HTML 5, After Effects, etc.
- Strong ability to create, build and leverage relationships and effectively interface with executive-level client leadership
About Robb Report:
For nearly 40 years, Robb Report magazine has served as the definitive authority on connoisseurship for ultra-affluent consumers. Robb Report not only showcases the products and services available from the most prestigious luxury brands around the globe, but it also provides its sophisticated readership with detailed insight into a range of these subjects, which include sports and luxury automobiles, yachts, real estate, travel, private aircraft, fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art, wine, state-of-the-art home electronics and much more. For connoisseurs seeking the very best that life has to offer, Robb Report remains the essential luxury resource.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.