- Full Time
Wine Enthusiast Magazine, the publishing division of Wine Enthusiast Companies, has an open position for a Photo Producer. The ideal candidate will utilize their project management and production experience to coordinate all details for our stills photography as well as some motion and video shoots. The position works alongside our Creative members on site at our headquarters in Valhalla, NY. Please note this is NOT a call for a photographer or videographer.
Key responsibilities of this position
- Be able to work in a collaborative internal creative environment.
- Develop processes to work with other departments.
- Appropriately delegate to properly aid in execution of big picture objectives.
- Ability to work within a fast paced, highly functional production team.
- Manage all aspects of a given project - from concept to pre-plan through actual shoot.
- Professionally represent the company while working closely with third party vendors such as photographers, models, wardrobe stylists, prop stylists, hair and make-up artists, digital techs, re-touchers, etc.
- Ability to navigate various personalities and orchestrate a large crew while on set.
- Ability to manage a budget and negotiate as needed. Reconcile costs for each shoot, making sure they do not exceed budget.
- Must be willing to travel and attend photo shoots and manage all on-set production. This includes: organizing flow of shoot, ensuring accuracy with samples/outfits, communicating specifics of each shot to CD/AD/photographer, determining backgrounds/set designs, and managing freelance support.
- Research, scout and secure locations for photo shoots, including permits as necessary.
- Strong attention to detail. Update and maintain accuracy of shotlists during pre and post production.
- Stay current of new photo technologies and industry trends, as well as maintain files on talent and locations.
- Bring fresh ideas to the table, research new talent and photographers.
- Be solution oriented, Anticipate and resolve issues, including last-minute changes due to location, talent, or weather issues by utilizing appropriate resources.
- Having relationships with agencies/freelancers is a plus.
- Ability to navigate proper channels relating to copyright usage, fees and negotiations.
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
- Skills and desire to be a comprehensive producer.
- 5+ years-experience producing photo shoots both in-studio and on-location (on-figure experience a must; Lifestyle or fashion experience preferred). Video production is a plus.
- 5+ years-experience in model/talent sourcing and booking and production relating to photo shoots (location searches, permits, location vehicles, catering etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a 4-year College or University preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Solution-oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Works well under deadline pressure.
- A detail-oriented self-starter with excellent time management skills, including ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Team player with a high level of professionalism.
- Photo editing software Adobe Photoshop, Bridge and familiarity with Adobe InDesign Mac OS environment
- Proficient with software applications such as Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat. Jira, WebDAM and Slack are a plus!
Along with a great group of co-workers and our beautiful Valhalla, NY location, we offer a competitive compensation package which includes a 37.5 hour work week, paid vacation, personal and sick time, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, 401k with matching, employee discounts, shuttle service to and from White Plains train station, an on-site gym with free fitness classes, a cafeteria, covered parking and the opportunity to enhance your wine knowledge by participating in our wine tasting classes.
If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please respond with a cover letter and resume. We look forward to reaching out to those candidates who best match or current needs.
Please no phone calls or third parties. Wine Enthusiast Companies is proud to be an EOE