- Full Time
Institutional Investor, LLC is seeking a highly motivated sales professional, reporting to a Sales Director, to help sell multi-platform programs which include: membership and sponsored events, digital display advertising and Thought Leadership solutions.
The responsibilities of this role are twofold:
- Support Sales Director while learning about II, its clients and sales strategy
- Manage an account list of existing clients and prospective new clients in order to prepare you for a senior salesperson role and advance your sales career.
- Collaborate as a team with your Sales Director to help renew, upsell and prospect accounts in the events and media area
- Learn about and sell II platforms: memberships and sponsored events, digital media and thought leadership to financial services organizations
- Respond to RFP’s and help to create proposals
- Present digital metrics and analytics to clients
- Ability to make appropriate media recommendations to clients and the agencies that represent them
- Maintain relationships with digital advertising agencies.
- Account Management: Maintain an account list with a revenue target of your own.
- Renew and upsell existing clients and prospect for new clients from your account list for both media and for events.
- Sell integrated Thought Leadership solution-based programs that include events and digital media.
- Maintain and cultivate strong relationships with clients and assigned ad agencies.
- Experience building a digital media plan.
- Knowledge of data and analytics metrics
- Comfortable calling on senior level clients
- Actively schedule face-to-face weekly appointments with clients and agencies
- Regular pipelining report in SalesForce
- Hitting your teams’ sales targets consistently and across all products is crucial to the success of our business overall.
- Research the market to expand the universe of potential clients, for each event.
- Work with marketing department and editorial content leaders to develop and maintain sales materials
- Create and respond to RFPs with integrated proposals for clients--- independently and with direction from your Sales Director
- Monitor client advertising and sponsored content programs with the Ad Operations and Thought Leadership teams to ensure that all campaigns are running as scheduled and as contracted
- Understand the competition and our market share
- Be able to effectively communicate at senior client level
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and agencies
- Strong verbal/written communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Collaborates with management and other internal teams
- 2+ years selling digital advertising to clients and agencies
- Advanced experience using Salesforce as a CRM and for pipelines
- Self-starter and team player with excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- College degree
- Knowledge of financial services industry a plus
- IAB certification a plus
- Extensive travel may be required