Rolling Stone: Research Manager
- Full Time
Rolling Stone: Research Manager
Penske Media Corp. (PMC) is hiring a dynamic self-starter to join the Rolling Stone Marketing & Research team.
The Research Manager will work with various departments to deliver and share regular business findings, industry insights, marketing analysis and performance reports. This person must have an understanding of the advertising and media landscape across print, digital, social, and video and be able to extract timely, relevant and smart business insights for executives and stakeholders across the marketing, production, programming, audience development, revenue operations, business development and video departments. Additionally, this person will need to operate in a highly efficient manner with the right combination of interpersonal and analytical skills to filter through and succinctly present large data sets.
Success in this role is to be able to translate timely insights into strategic recommendations that drive tangible business growth.
- The candidate should have strong passion for utilizing data and market insights to drive and grow an aggressive digital video, social, event and print business.
- 3+ years of research experience, preferably at a media content provider.
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Intensely curious, with a deep interest in media trends and consumer behavior.
- Highly proactive, with a constant desire to discover and initiate new projects.
- Confident and articulate, comfortable making their strategic viewpoints heard.
- Hands-on experience with reporting and analyzing data from major web and social analytics tools such as comScore, Facebook Audience Insights, Google Analytics, and MRI, etc.
- Experience with Keynote.
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides “all the news that fits” to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day. Rolling Stone’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.