Penguin Random House Audio is looking for an experienced communicator to join their publicity department working in the fastest growing segment of publishing. In this role, the Publicist will develop and execute strategies to promote audiobooks from Penguin Random House Audio’s award-winning list of 1,400 titles for audiences of all ages.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Generating ideas for publicizing the audiobook format and Penguin Random House Audio’s titles covering a wide range of genres, from celebrity memoir, to politics and YA and children’s books.
* Writing pitches and press releases, booking interviews with actors and authors, and placing audio excerpts with national media.
* Researching, creating and maintaining media lists, actively maintaining existing media relationships and identifying new opportunities for audiobook coverage.
* Working with the Editorial, Studio Production, and Marketing teams to identify key upcoming titles and opportunities and contributing to acquisition proposals.
* Liaising with other Penguin Random House publicity departments and authors to feature audio in their campaigns.
* Collaborating with the Social Media Manager on sharing title news and author content as well as influencer outreach.
* Pitching panels and occasionally attending select events, conventions, and book festivals featuring our author and narrator talent.
* Work with an Associate Publicist, collaborating on media coverage reports, review mailings and review copy requests.
* Minimum of 3 years of publicity experience; experience within book publishing is highly preferred
* Passionate about books
* Possess exceptional writing, communication, and presentation skills
* Displays keen attention to detail, and demonstrate the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
* Spanish language skills a plus
* Experience with series/brand publishing a plusPenguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.