NBCUniversal is looking for a detail oriented manager to lead the data governance operations for NBCUniversal’s Enterprise Consumer Analytics, including the Consumer Intelligence Platform (“CIP”) to drive a unified data strategy with all NBCUniversal brands.
The Manager, Data Governance will be responsible for ensuring a high level of consumer data quality and integrity is maintained across the enterprise platforms, while championing the protection of the data in line with regulatory and legal requirements. Working closely with Privacy Counsel and a wide range of internal stakeholders, this position will define and implement enterprise wide strategies to achieve the above goals; as well as, own the development and oversight of the tactical day-to-day data management processes. These strategies and processes will govern consumer data throughout the data lifecycle, starting at ingestion and seeing it through proper use and data syndication. Key Responsibilities: Establish and manage a data governance roadmap that aligns with the organization’s strategic prioritiesBuild upon a data governance framework focusing on data quality improvements and consumer data protectionDefine roles and responsibilities related to consumer data governance and establish standard operating procedures for data stewardshipDefine quality and protection KPIs to measure against objectivesLead the process to onboard new brands or data types into the platform, including data discovery, field-level mapping to enterprise schema, privacy review and legal sign-offWork across brands to define and manage a business glossaryEnsure clear accountability for proper stewardship of consumer information throughout the data lifecycleAssist in developing additional safeguards to ensure compliance with various laws and regulations, including VPPA, COPPA, GDPR, CCPA and others
- 5+ years of primary experience in defining, documenting and implementing Data Governance best practices, policies & procedures, preferably with consumer data in a large organization
- 1-2 years of project management experience working within or leading an enterprise wide initiative
- Experience working successfully with stakeholders and partner teams to translate business needs into governance structure
- Understanding of consumer privacy statutes and maintain current on data trends and legal implications
- BA/BS in technical or quantitative discipline or significant relevant work experience
- A great storyteller and communicator, and can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate and work in partnership with different parts of the organization
- Combination of technical skill sets and business savvy to interface with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and drive your own projects
- A passion for TV and movies and defining the future of entertainment.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.