Manager, Brand Strategy
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Brand Strategy & DevelopmentSupport director in establishing objectives and lead detailed workplans to resolve complex brand related business mattersInteract cross-functionally to resolve brand related business issues and influence decision making; support brand stewardship activities (guardrails, guidelines)Partner with analytics and insights to establish, track, report, and provide recommendations from key brand KPIs Brand StewardshipCreate a brand stewardship approach; provide on-going guidance and counsel Develop, roll-out, and serve as brand guardrails and guidelines expertServe as a key brand contact for broader Universal Parks & Resorts partners
The Manager, Brand Strategy & Development is responsible for orchestrating the development and management of the Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) brand. Reporting to the Director, Marketing Strategy & Analytics, this individual is a critical member of a team that aligns and fosters the growth of a brand that maintains coordinated and coherent consumer executions, and focuses on achieving business growth along with strong brand health.
Ideal candidates have a strong acumen for storytelling and analysis, and experience working with strategic frameworks, consumer research and metrics. Additionally, individuals with excellent relationship and problem solving skills in fast-paced environments are encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA highly desired
• Minimum 5 years of relevant marketing experience, ideally in consumer entertainment, travel, leisure, or theme park industry
• Strong interpersonal and relationship skills; proactive, adaptable, and collaborative
• Effective time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Creative acumen, maturity, and enthusiasm
• Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Experience in a consumer marketing capacity (e.g., advertising, consulting, market research)
• Strong functional or operating experience
• Experience developing and/or using marketing research
• Experience or exposure in a marketing function and quantitative capacities
• Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
Experience Universal Studios Hollywood ™ - where every day is an opportunity to take action, a chance to have fun. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood entertainment experience with the world’s largest movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions. Here, your individuality helps movie-making magic meet real life thrills to inspire memories that last a lifetime. Therefore, we strive to attract the best talent across a range of positions from hourly guest service to professionals. You are encouraged to bring the passion, energy and creativity that will make a difference to the thousands of families and friends who explore our universe every day. Get ready for an epic adventure at a place where you can be Universally You - Universal Studios Hollywood ™, the Entertainment Capital of L.A℠.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.